We will understand the rules and procedures for transporting passengers in an online taxi solely on the basis of the legislation that regulates this activity. The carrier of passengers and their luggage in a cab is a business entity that, in accordance with the law, provides a service under a contract for such transportation.
Passenger cars equipped with a taximeter and adapted for such transportation must be allowed for vehicles. The compliance of passenger cars with these requirements is determined by the territorial bodies of the central executive body in the field of transport.
A taximeter is a device designed to inform passengers about the cost of a trip and register the operating parameters of an online taxi car, determined by law ;
The contract for the carriage of passengers by taxi comes into force from the moment the passenger boards and is valid until he disembarks at the destination.
What requirements are imposed on the parties under a contract of carriage using online taxis?
Let’s start with the taxi driver :
1. The taxi driver must:
- have the required level of professional qualifications;
- ensure high-quality and safe provision of road transport services for the transportation of passengers or goods;
- respond politely and carefully to requests and complaints from consumers of road transport services.
2. The online taxi driver has the right to refuse to provide service to a passenger if :
- the passenger has obvious signs of intoxication;
- the number of persons who need service exceeds the number of seats in a passenger car;
- passenger luggage cannot be freely placed in the trunk or interior of a passenger car or may contaminate or damage it.
3. The online taxi driver is obliged to :
- comply with the rules for the provision of passenger road transport services and the technical operation of a passenger car;
- board passengers at the parking lot on a first-come, first-served basis, and also provide the right of priority use of a taxi in accordance with the law;
- open the taxi doors, open the trunk, and check that they are closed when boarding passengers;
- tell passengers the fare amount taximeter readings at the beginning and end of the trip and explain the procedure for using a taxi;
- carry out transportation to the destination point following a route specified by the passenger or the shortest route with the consent of the passenger.
4. A taxi driver is prohibited from :
- refusing to transport passengers, except in cases stipulated by this article;
- select passengers according to the advantageous directions of their travel;
- offer citizens a ride without the consent of the passengers in theonline taxi;
- transport passengers if the taxi does not have a taximeter or does not work;
- name the amount of payment for a trip that does not correspond to the taximeter indicators.
Basic rights and responsibilities of a passenger :
1. The passenger has the right :
- to receive information about the service from the taxi Scarborough to Manchester airport driver;
- carry with you one child of preschool age free of charge on public bus routes without providing him with a separate seat;
- Carry hand luggage with you free of charge on public bus routes and also enjoy other rights in accordance with the legislation on the protection of consumer rights and transportation rules.
2. The passenger is obliged to :
- have with him, if he has the right to preferential travel, an appropriate certificate;
- comply with the requirements of the rules for the provision of passenger road transport services.
In our city today, many things could be improved in the work of taxi services that run counter to the legislation of the UK.
- In relation to the consumer’s right to safe travel and compensation for damage in the event of, for example, an accident or other emergency. Based on the contents of the checks, we can conclude that
taxi Scarborough to Manchester airport passengers are not insured. Information about the driver is incomplete, and in cases where they do not give a receipt, it is unlikely that it will be possible to find the driver and collect anything from him subsequently.
There is nowhere and no one to complain to; the only way is to court.
I am outraged by the way taxi services work – there are trademarks of taxi services, but they are not responsible for the work of taxi drivers who operate under these brands. In my opinion, it is high time for ouronline taxi services to carry out explanatory work with consumers and explain “who is who.”
- In accordance with the Civil Code of the UK, under a contract of carriage, the consumer pays a fee for travel or baggage transportation.
It is clear that the fare is broken down and has its own cost and profit, but the fare must be, first of all, a fare. Taxi receipts have sections: boarding, distance, and downtime. Let’s take a look at these categories. The tariff cost is literally the cost of a kilometer; this is understandable. Simple – a type of service in which the passenger asks the online taxi driver to stop near some object and wait a certain number of minutes. This is also understandable, but when it is a stop ordered by a passenger. A minute of downtime has its own cost, and downtime is an additional service to the travel service. The boarding service needs to be clarified. What exactly is the service that the consumer gets into the online taxi?
Our opinion is that if professional drivers work in a taxi service, they, like those lackeys who stand at the doors of an expensive hotel, and as required by the Law of UK”On Road Transport,” go out and open the door for the consumer, the trunk, and check that the doors are closed, give an explanation of the fare, coordinate the route, then this can be called a boarding, which costs something. But even in this case, the cost of landing should be included in the tariff price, distributed proportionally depending on the distance.
By the way, in such situations, when the online taxi has arrived, the consumer has been notified. Still, he delays leaving, the vehicle is forced to wait for some time – and a demurrage fee is charged – this is illegal since the contract comes into force from the moment the consumer gets into the online taxi.
In conclusion, I want to give consumers advice for online taxis. If the advertisement about the taxi service does not indicate all the components of the fare, and the driver needs to provide the appropriate explanations during boarding, upon arrival at the place you need, ask the length of the distance and pay only for it. In accordance with Article 10 of the Law of Law “On the Protection of Consumer Rights,” you have the right not to pay for something that you were not warned about before concluding the contract.