Regal Cinemas is closing 39 extra film theaters throughout america.
The choice comes 4 months after its father or mother firm Cineworld filed for Chapter 11 chapter after the pandemic devastated the trade and public screenings.
In a submitting this week, Cineworld stated it’s planning to reject leases for the 39 theaters starting February 15, saving the corporate $22 million yearly.
Cineworld is working with landlords to maintain its different theaters open. Round 500 stay, after these closures and a earlier spherical in September 2022 that shuttered 12 places.
“The debtors are hopeful that these negotiations will result in lease concessions and modifications that can obviate the necessity for rejection and allow further theater websites to stay open,” Cineworld stated on this week’s submitting.
When Cineworld introduced its determination to file for chapter final 12 months, the corporate stated it wished to shed debt. It expects submitting for chapter will “strengthen its steadiness sheet and supply the monetary power and adaptability to speed up, and capitalize on, Cineworld’s technique within the cinema trade.”
Regal Cinemas is america’ second-largest theater chain after AMC Theaters, which has 950 places in line with its web site.
These are the places Regal plans to shut:
- Tikahtnu Stadium 16 in Anchorage, Alaska
- Metro Level in Costa Mesa, California
- Berkeley 7 in Berkeley, California
- Parkway Plaza Stadium 18 and Imax in El Cajon, California
- Escondido Stadium 16 and Imax in Escondido, California
- Hemet Cinema 12 in Hemet, California
- Sherman Oaks Galleria 16 in Los Angeles, California
- Yorba Linda and Imax in Yorba Linda, California
- Meadows Stadium 12 in Littleton, Colorado
- SouthGlenn Stadium 14 in Centennial, Colorado
- Shadowood 16 in Boca Raton, Florida
- South Seaside Stadium 18 and Imax in Miami, Florida
- Keauhou Stadium 7 in Kailua-Kona, Hawaii
- Bolingbrook Stadium 12 in Bolingbrook, Illinois
- Spherical Lake Seaside Stadium 18 in Spherical Lake Seaside, Illinois
- Fenway Stadium 13 and RPX in Boston, Massachusetts
- Bowie Stadium 14 in Bowie, Maryland
- Rockville Middle Stadium 13 in Rockville, Maryland
- Brunswick 10 in Brunswick, Maine
- Beaver Creek Stadium 12 in Apex, North Carolina
- Omaha Stadium 16 in Omaha, Nebraska
- Harmony 10 in Harmony, New Hampshire
- Hamilton Commons Stadium 14 in Touchdown, New Jersey
- Pohatcong Stadium 12 in Phillipsburg, New Jersey
- Santa Fe Stadium 14 in Santa Fe, New Mexico
- Village Sq. Stadium 18 in Las Vegas, Nevada
- Elmwood Middle 16 in Buffalo, New York
- Ithaca Mall Stadium 14 in Ithaca, New York
- Cortlandt City Middle in Mohegan Lake, New York
- Union Sq. Stadium 14 in New York, New York
- Greece Ridge Stadium 12 in Rochester, New York
- Transit Middle Stadium 18 and Imax in Williamsville, New York
- Montrose Films Stadium 12 in Akron, Ohio
- Barn Plaza Stadium 14 in Doylestown, Pennsylvania
- Oaks Stadium 24 in Oaks, Pennsylvania
- Greenbrier Stadium 13 in Chesapeake, Virginia
- Stonefield Stadium 14 and Imax in Charlottesville, Virginia
- Meridian 16 in Seattle, Washington
- Gallery Place Stadium 14 in Washington, DC