Coimbatore the city boasts numerous ancient temples, museums, Zoological Parks, and many more places to explore. One of the most divine statues of Lord Shiva The Adiyogi Statue is located in the Isha Foundation Complex in Coimbatore which is a must-see treasure of the city.
Dedicated to lord Shiva, the statue is one of the largest monuments of India which is carved with about 500 stones and the height of the statue is about 112 ft.
The serenity of the place is best to practice Yoga and meditation which is surrounded by verdant green farms at the Foothills of Velliangiri Mountain.
To delve into the location of the Adiyogi Temple, where is adiyogi shiva statue, we have come up with this post. Without any further ado, let’s get straight into it.
Adiyogi: An Introduction
Adiyogi which means the first Yogi to arrive on the earth to impart their teachings to achieve the Nirwana. It is believed that Lord Shiva is the Adi guru who has offered 112 ways to human beings to reach the ultimate goal of life and to achieve Moksha. Adiguru Shiva has passed on the science of Yoga to his seven followers commonly known as Saptarishi.
The height of the iconic statue is 112 ft which represents the 112 ways to get the enlightenment of life.
The most honored Statue of the Adi Guru Shiva was unveiled by the respected Prime Minister Narendra Modi on 24 February 2017 at the auspicious occasion of Maha Shivratri.
Facts About The Adiyogi Statue
Let’s have a look at some unique facts about Bangalore Adiyogi
- Holding the name in the Guinness Book of World Records the statue of Adiyogi is the largest Bust Structure carved with 500 tonnes of steel which is 150 ft long and 25 wide statue of Adiyogi Lord Shiva.
- The 3D laser show of Adiyogi Diya Darshanam is displayed on weekends, Purnima, Amavsya, and other auspicious occasions which are scheduled from 8 to 8.15 PM.
- On every Purnima, a special music event is displayed from 10.30 to 11.30 PM.
- The Adiyoi has worn the largest Rudrakshmala containing 1,00,008 beads of Rudraksha.
How to Reach Adiyogi Statue
Adiyogi Statue is situated at Dhyanalinga Complex in Coimbatore which you can reach by any means.
- By Bus: The visitors can opt for a bus from Gandhipuram Bus stop to the Dhyanlinga Complex and reach here in 45 minutes, after that they can walk for another 7 minutes to get the statue.
- By Car: The adiyogi temple location is 32 km from the Coimbatore Bus Station which can take approximately 1 hour and 32 minutes to ride by car. The Statue is located 32 km from the bus station, 30 km from the Coimbatore railway station, and 42 km from Coimbatore airport. The place is well-connected by state and national highways.
The ideal time to visit the Adiyogi statue is in winter from December to March when the weather is pleasant and the environment temperature varies from 15 degrees to 22 degrees.
If you have not visited yet, rush to visit the Adiyogi statue to attain enlightenment by practicing Yoga.